Review the general information and application process on this site.
Beginner and Preschool Application
Lower Elementary (1st-3rd Grade) Application
Upper Elementary (4th-6th) Application
Middle School (7th-8th) Application
High School (9th-12th) Application
Call the Admission Office to schedule a tour and to obtain an application packet.
No children under the age of nine on tours.
You may also attend one of our Perspective Family Open Houses, where tours will be given. There is no need to register for the Open House events.
Westwood Open House for 2012-2013 are scheduled on:
Thursday, January 10th from 6pm-7:30pm
Complete the application–don’t forget a family photo!–and mail with $100 application fee.
Deadline for Applications: Last Monday in January
- Beginner and Preschool: The Admission Office will call to schedule an appointment for your interview with the Head of School. We ask that both parents accompany the prospective student.
- Kindergarten and up: Prepare transcript and teacher recommendation request forms and give to student’s current school.* Applications cannot be processed without these records. After forms have been completed and returned, visiting days will be scheduled for the prospective student. Forms should be mailed by the current school or teacher. Parents or students should not hand-carry these forms to The Westwood School.
- Students applying for grades 7 and up: Register for ISEE or submit your most recent SSAT, ITBS, CAT or Stanford 10 test results. (See above for additional requirements.)
*Optional items Kindergarten and up: Feel free to send a sample of the student’s writing or artwork, a school project, recommendations from additional teachers, or any other items that would represent the student more fully to the Admission Committee. We apologize that these items cannot be returned.
Interview. Admission interviews with the Head of School are scheduled for January and February. The interview consists of a general discussion about the school, Montessori philosophy, and philosophy of the International Baccalaureate. Parents are invited to bring their questions. The interview will last approximately 60 minutes.
- Beginner/Preschool: Student will remain with their parents during the interview.
- Kindergarten and up: Student will visit the classroom for 2 days.
|October-February||Visiting Days for Students|
|January-February||Interviews with Head of School|
|End of March||Admission Decisions Mailed|
|April||New Student Enrollment Contracts Due|
14340 Proton Road
Dallas, TX 75244